Thursday, December 16, 2010

Mikey's Pick--Animal Collective and Taken by Trees

One of my all time favorite bands.  Here, a handful of some of their more well-known tracks as well as some of my personal favorites.  Each song comes with a terrific video filled with bizarre eye candy and killer bass beats.  

 Animal Collective--Fireworks 

Animal Collective--Leaf House

Animal Collective--Who Could Win a Rabbit?

Animal Collective--Grass

Animal Collective--My Gurls

What inspired this play-list of sorts, is a discovery of this amazing version of "My Gurls" by a band named Taken By Trees.  A friend posted this to face-book today so THANK YOU.   I think I might prefer this version, at least for today. Her voice is so elegant and the video gives her such a graceful vibe.  Energetic yet tranquil.  Enjoy.
Taken By Trees--My Boys

No comments:

Post a Comment