Tuesday, January 11, 2011

dreamer's pick--Creepoid


This is a band that you have never heard of, but once you listen you will not get enough. Today marks the release of their first full-length LP, Horse Heaven. I can not find the words to describe my instant love for it yet, so I will leave you with one of the best descriptions of the band I could find in my search frenzy. XPN calls Creepoid "an exciting new lo-fi indie-psych dream pop group with roots from deep down South in Austin TX and currently residing in Philly. Creepoid has a sad, dark hallucinogenic sound. Think Beck and Lou Reed drinking beer at the Modern Lovers practice space listening to Mazzy Star." Swoon.

Do yourself a favor and listen to the entire album with headphones here:
Creepoid--Horse Heaven

1 comment:

  1. This might be premature, but I am approaching the one minute mark of the first track and I am ready to say that this indeed is a Masterpiece. Truly the first "This is what I have been waiting for!" album of 2011.

    ReplyDelete