Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Mikey's Pick--Underworld

Finally was able to give their latest 2010 album "Barking" a listen, and well I have mixed feelings.  What is interesting about this album is how many guests are featured leaving each song extremely different from each other and the band's previous sound.  I wouldn't say it is a let down of an album I would say it's just unremarkable.  Underworld has been an electronic Renaissance  for almost three decades so they are allowed an okay album once in a while.  I will say I have been able to have seen them live on the Oblivion With Belles tour, and it was one of the best shows of my life.  Underworld will always be one of my all time favorites, this album...not so much.
Some of the best tracks from their latest:

Underworld--Bird 1

Underworld--Grace

And some older well known, I hate to say it, better tracks.  But they have so much music so dig in.

Underworld--Born Slippy

Underworld--Pearls Girl LIVE!

Underworld--Jumbo

Underworld--Push Upstairs

No comments:

Post a Comment