Friday, January 7, 2011

Mikey's Pick--O'Death


I have never heard of these guys until the other day.  WOW!  How could I have missed them?  They tour non-stop and with a lot of my favorite groups.  If I was to describe their sound I would use the word twisted.  They are everything great, only mashed up into something very unique and new.  They are as if Glen Danzig and Neil Young had a baby and then ditched it in a swamp with a banjo to grow up with.  They are metal, they are blue grass, they are punk, they are folk.  They are modern Americana.  I am also very excited to hear they have a new album coming this spring.  Luckily for me these guys live on the road so they most likely will be around my neck of the woods sometime soon.  This time I know what to look for. 
The first song, is how I got hooked:
O'Death--Low Tide

O'Death--Home

O'death--Vacant Moan, LIVE Session

No comments:

Post a Comment