Thursday, January 6, 2011

Mikey's Pick--Jake Shimabukuro

Aloha!  This guy will be a legend.  He brings to the ukulele what Eric Clapton brought to the guitar.  He released his latest album titled Peace Love Ukulele January 4th.  I will tell you now it is everything you hoped for and more.  With this album he not only brings his amazing talent with the ukulele but he also brings a whole band backing him.  What I love most (besides the obvious) about him is how he incorporates story telling into his performances, he is really funny with them . Check this guy out.

This is the video I saw of him a few years back that got me hooked:
Jake S.--While My Guitar Gently Weeps (Live in Central Park)

From his new album and streaming from his website:
Jake S.--Bring Your Adz

And a live solo bluegrass tune:
Jake S.--Orange World

No comments:

Post a Comment