Thursday, February 24, 2011

Mikey's Pick--Former Ghosts

I came across this group the other day.  I like what they are trying to do but they leave me wanting more. Former Ghosts sounds like a mix between The Cure and Joy Division only lazier.  Jamie Stewart's voice is beautiful and you can't deny the energy he brings to even these depressed songs is great.  But something is lacking, it seems that more than a band, Former Ghosts is a depressed art project gone wrong.  Maybe.  Maybe it went right. 
I pick Former Ghosts today because they have some really great songs and the video for Taurean Nature is fantastic, I have definitely felt that way on more than one occasion. Check it out.  Let me know what ya think of these guys.
Former Ghosts--Taurean Nature

Former Ghosts--And When You Kissed Me

Former Ghosts--Hello Again

No comments:

Post a Comment