Friday, February 25, 2011

Shaun's Pick--Elton John

In a recent interview with Rolling Stone, Elton John proclaimed himself to be the most famous gay man in the world. After releasing over thirty studio albums and selling more than 250 million records, it's hard to deny this statement seeing as how he's one of the most successful musicians in the world. I read a short article the other day that revealed John is working on an autobiographical musical written for the big screen. Apparently the movie draws inspiration from the musical Moulin Rouge, in which "Your Song" was covered. I predict that this musical will be memorable, but only time will tell. No projected release date or production date have been announced yet, but hopefully it will happen soon.

I've found myself listening to Goodbye Yellow Brick Road a lot, so here's a couple tracks from my favorite Elton John album.

No comments:

Post a Comment