Thursday, February 3, 2011

Mikey's Pick--Mr. Scruff

How have I never heard of this guy?!!  Some of his previous album covers look vaguely familiar to me but drawing a blank on him.  (no pun intended)  I guess with itunes a track of his comes for free. (I use Winamp) Mr. Scruff, as he describes himself, is a cartoonist/DJ/producer/tea drinker.  I found out about this guy today being another British DJ under the same record label as Wagon Christ.  Mr. Scruff too has an album in the works for 2011.
After doing some research on Mr. Scruff, I can tell you he is very busy.  Not only does he make really great electronic dance tracks, sometimes leaning on the silly side, he also does all his own art work and cartoons to go along with albums/videos/concert sets.  On top of that he sells tea.  Yes, he is very into drinking tea, those kooky Brits.  Anyways, what a great discovery.  Check this guy out his website it is pretty fun.    

Mr. Scruff--Sweet Smoke

Mr. Scruff--Kalimba

Mr. Scruff--Music Takes Me Up--ft. Alice Russel

No comments:

Post a Comment